« Home | Japanese Freighter Fights Off Pirates » | Weather Forces NASA to Scrub Shuttle Launch » | A Short Introduction »

Dan Rather has a New Job

Dan Rather, the household-name news anchor stepped down from his long tenure as the anchor for the CBS Evening News and has found something new. Rather claims that CBS was holding him back from any substantive work over the last year of his career, so the decision to resign was an easy one. Rather is quoted to desire more challenging and rewarding work now that he has resigned.

And now Rather has found the challenging work he desired with the MLB. He has signed a contract with the Atlanta Braves which sees him playing 4 years for a reported $18.7 million. The aging reporter is apparently a more-than-qualified shortstop whose quick footspeed and accurate throwing arm should really help the Braves reclaim the stranglehold on the baseball world that they held in years past. Rather has been seen at team practices with the Braves, competing fiercely with the younger players, attempting to prove his talent and worth with his new teammates. "They see me as an old fogey," Rather says, "but I'll show those young whippersnappers a thing or two about this sport. I've been playing since before most of these guys were born."

Rather's first game was Thursday, July 6 against Cincinnati in which he was the catalyst in a marvelous double play in the top of the eighth inning that helped Atlanta win 8-7. Rather's batting average so far, however, has been attrocious. He has posted a .017 batting average in two games so far. "I guess I need to hit the cages a little more." Rather admitted after his last game. I guess you're right, Dan.

Original Story Here

About me

  • I'm Sam
  • From Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
  • I don't Know French
My profile

Archives